Conventional Fixtures Strong Trouperette III part

Hopefully I will be retrieving the 1000Q reflector within the week. Luckily I also have 3.5Q's that I can use to check for sameseyness. But I am 99% sure that the 1000Q reflector is closer to the 3.5Q than the 360Q. I was surprised too when I first saw it. Note that in a 1000Q, the lamp inserts from the front rather than the back. Not that this has much bearing on the hole size -- quite a bit of the lamp sticks through provided you want a flat field.

Note this reflector and size in relation to the lamp and iris.
Followspotoptics.JPG

Other thoughts on the subject:
I could also guess that this reflector is the same as a 4.5" Baby Zoom ellipsoidal. I don't think I've ever had one of those apart. It could be the same, or it could be somewhere in between 3.5Q, 1000Q, and 360Q. I lean away from the 1KL due to its peened reflector. The 3.5 and 1000Q reflectors are non-flatted with a smooth matte finish.

Last edited:
fascinating the observation that a 1Kw FEL lamp for reflector is closer to a 3.5Q reflector than a 360Q reflector. Lamp shouldn't fit thru the hole - have to drill it out for the lamp to fit,
Huh? Envelope on FEL larger diameter than EHD, EHG, or GLx ? Wasn't it you who admitted to once putting an FEL in a 3.5Q for an effect used only for a very short duration?

I would never! Challenge you.. or perhaps in fitting in testing, would never long. I was young perhaps than and didn't have gray hairs in perhaps. Point being, the hole on a 3.5Q will not safely without cutting larger a larger globe to lamp mount the lamp. Spotty on remembering such reflectors in possible the smaller OD reflector was in use. That said, a 3.5Q reflector might not be the correct and as a goal something thicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back