Automated Fixtures Studio Spot 250 Macro Question on Elation EmuLATION

Hey, we are renting an elation emulation board and software for our fall show, and I am having trouble remotely extinguishing the lamps on our studio spot 250s. I'm not sure if it is a factory macro or what. All the macros in the fixtures right now are just movements. For our last show, we used hog and had studio spot 575s with our 250s and we still had the same problem with the 250s, couldn't remotely extinguish the lamp from the board (the 575s worked perfectly). As of today, as soon as the board is shut down and dmx stops, I have to just unplug everything, which I know is not great for the fixture. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Wrong fixture, Michael. Try this one: Studio Spot® 250 - Automated Luminaires - Support - Products - High End Systems .
...I'm not sure if it is a factory macro or what. All the macros in the fixtures right now are just movements. ...
As you've discovered, the fixture's built-in macros are for movement and various other nifty multi-parameter functions. There is no macro for lamp controls or fixture shutdown/reset, nor can these be added into the unit by the user.

From Studio Spot® 250 DMX Chart - Automated Luminaires - Support - Products - High End Systems :
To shutdown a Studio Spot 250:
1. Set the Control channel (18) to 46-50%. This must be done on a keypad or via a palette, not a fader or encoder.
2. Set the Shutter channel (14) to 0%. This must be done on a keypad or via a palette, not a fader or encoder.
3. Wait at least 2 seconds, then release everything back to their default values.
Depending on the control console, a console macro may be made to automate the above.

18 Control Selections
After choosing a control channel value, set the Shutter channel to "O" to access the Control channel settings

Send "Shutdown" value for approximately two seconds
_________________Decimal__Percent__Hex
Safe (normal operation) 0-9 0-3 0-9
Disable MSpeed for P/T 10-19 4-7 0A-13
Display off 20-28 8-11 14-1C
Display dim 30-38 12-14 1E-26
Display bright 40-48 15-18 28-30
Home 60-68 23-26 3C-44
Lamp on 80-88 31-34 50-58
Lamp off 90-98 35-38 5A-62
Shutdown 120-130 46-50 78-82
Reserved 131-255 51-100 83-FF
The Studio Spot 575 works a little differently. On that fixture, one puts the shutter channel to zero first, then sends the control channel to the desired value, for at least 3 seconds.

Last edited:
i am running everything off the elation emulation virtual board (with wing) so how can i find out which channel is which, because the programming window doesn't show channel numbers for the fixture

Hi,

If you select the unit, and then under the "misc" settings for the mover you should see a 'lamp off' on the right hand side. This will accomplish what you need. I don't see a shutdown option, but lamping off and then waiting a few minutes to pull the plug will accomplish the same thing.

I figured it out, i went into the code for the instrument and made it under the custom button, and it seemed to be working fine on the software, now just to test it with the fixture when I get to the theatre!

Code:
<part attribute="Custom">
<range function="Control MSB" offset="17">120,130</range>
</part>

Now works like a charm.

Thanks anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back