Stupid question incoming

I am sorry to even have to ask this question but I have no choice. Basically I've been scouring the web looking for such a simple thing I can't believe how hard it is.

Back in high school we had an accessory for a source 4 of the gobo variety. The device I describe is simply and animation belt of sorts. For instance useful for clouds and rain. A continuous metal gobo not in disk form like the Rosco Infinity, but like a car engine belt.

Why can I not find this device anywhere? Were they terrible so nobody makes them anymore? Are devices like the Infinity that much better? I have spent hours searching for this, so if these are still used I'm looking for a link or a name...anything that will get me close.

Thanks

I you want a truly linear effect, a gobo rotator will not work very well. The gam device is very good, although for something like a rain effect you lose a lot of light with the belt going back the other way. It works better for clouds.

Another possible approach is something like INFINITY™ Gobo Animation Device - rosco.com can also work for clouds. It is not completely linear, but close.

Well I think for what I want to do the gam product is exactly what I want. You can see the various effects in action on the page and I think one or two of them will be useful in my production of Little Women. Thank you guys for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back