SweetLight DMX Cable

Hi,

I am having a problem with my DMX Cable with my XP 64-bit computer.
The cable works fine most of the time but then my fixture randomly loses DMX signal, usually after or just before running a cue.

A simple restart of the SweelLight software fixes this but I can't be spending my time restarting the software during a show as I have to concentrate on the presets on the actual console.

I have the drivers installed (1.03) and I have checked all the hardware (DMX cable from fixture to computer, the fixture itself, etc.)

What could this problem be?

Thanks,
Josh.

Sounds like the problem is in the software, and not in the USB-DMX512 converter or DMX cabling. I'm not familiar with SweetLight; are they the makers of the software and the dongle? And have you contacted them?

They make both the software and the dongle, yes. I have contacted them but no reply, so I am seeing if anyone on here can shed some light.

Does the software stop working entirely and you have to restart it? Or does it simply stop sending data but the program still works properly otherwise?

It just stops sending data, the program still works as though nothing has happened. No errors or warnings.

From the Sweetlight website: "Since 1989, our unique activity is software and hardware development, for lighting environement." That doesn't inspire confidence. Nor does the "More Infos" tab. Just saying.

Bring me more infos!

It just stops sending data, the program still works as though nothing has happened. No errors or warnings.
Interesting. Are you sure it is not a licensing issue? Maybe you are only running a demo so it stops after a predetermined time limit?

Last edited:
Kinda a hijack here, but am I the only one who thinks that sweetlight looks very, very similar to Chauvet's ShowXpress? As in the same?

Kinda a hijack here, but am I the only one who thinks that sweetlight looks very, very similar to Chauvet's ShowXpress? As in the same?
SweetLight make it for Chauvet. Chauvet is basically selling the same thing but branded to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back