Talent show text voting...wrong outcome

firewater88

We do a talent show at high school level every year for one of the high schools here as a booster for the theatre program at that school. Last year we tried a new voting process where the audience texts in a vote to pick the winner. (the only time I really like cell phones during a performance) check out Text Message (SMS) Polls and Voting, Audience Response System | Poll Everywhere

This year it was all set to use the same process. It is cool because we push the web page up on the big screen and you can see the results change live. When I came in the next day, the computer was still logged into the web site and it said I had an error. I had exceeded the total amount of votes... @30. I did some more research, and found out that that was the free version. The previous year they paid for a larger voting block. So, the first 30 people to vote got their vote cast and everyone else who thought they voted, got bumped unknowingly. That means the "winner" probably was not the true winner. I think they won $100.

I haven't said anything to anyone, not sure I will. but I will make sure that next year they get a fair outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back