Technical Direction website

I am working on a professional website to showcase myself as a technical director. What I am having trouble with is a domain name. A lot of my peers are using their names followed by design.com which sounds nice, but I feel like it doesn't suit my field. I could use just my name but I feel like it needs something more to make it seem more professional.

Personally, I'm a believer in using the shortest relevant domain name available. If you can get your name, all the easier to remember.

I did the design thing. Wife and I share the site. "Productions" also works. But... just your name is also short and sweet. It depends on if you want to sell yourself for freelance work so you want to have more of the "company" look and feel vs a more personal site.

Generally I would say stick with your name. It's simple, easy to remember, and allows for adjustment in job position in the future. You can be more specific on the website.

Take note that there are *lots* of gTLDs other than .com these days, one of which might suit your goal better. You'll get some static about "if you're not in .com people won't find you"... but those people are using Google anyway, so ignore that static.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back