Technics Turntable Dies

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
The walkman died in the last few days and now the best turn table ever made is being put to pasture. If you have one of these in the closet, might be time to dig it out and keep it in good shape. I foresee the price of these things skyrocketing in the coming months and years. I know of at least a few venues that have these in their backline room.

End Of an Era: Panasonic Kills Off Technics Turntables

Last edited:
If you read the updates to the linked article it shows why to not always put to much into what blogs like Gizmodo say as it apparently turns out that it was only one specific model being discontinued while the product line still lives on, Technics* Analog Turntables.

Well, I wouldn't think panasonic would be stupid enough to stop making them entirely (and they aren't). Now calling them the best turntables ever, that may be a bit of an over statement.

IMO, they were the second best, to the old 1100, which are much more rare. Us former djs who had to deal with pre-digital music like Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, etc. liked the 1100 for its more forgiving platter. Much easier to mix that analog music with no click track. I still have a pair of 1200s. And 1100s. I used to have a pair of 1300s too, but sold them. A lot of djs like those Stanton models but I never tried them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back