Tele-Q on a cordless phone

jessamarie6

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried using a tele-Q on a cordless phone. From the discription in the BMI catalogue I am seeing no reason why the tele-Q wouldn't be able to send a signal to the base, which would then ring the cordless receiver, but I'd love if someone could tell me for sure.
Thanks

I have done it before, it can work with the right phone. I think I tried 2 or 3 before I found one that worked. Tele-q can be a bit hit or miss with cordless phones however. I would suggest trying out the phone before you buy. Ringing voltage is ringing voltage, but the Tele-q uses that voltage a bit oddly.

I have utilized the Tele-Q on numerous ocassions for activating Cordless phones. Unless they have changed drastically since I got mine, there are a a couple of jumpers on the back of the MOBO that allow you to change some settings that are very useful. < bear in mind I had an early gen. Tele-Q>
I don't remember the number of jumpers or the exact configuration but the jumpers do allow you reset the ring voltage and pulse width. Both of these things can help in activating a phone in different manners. the longer pulse widths give you that european ring, the shorter ones the N.A. ring. These settings can screw up < not damage, just mess with> phones with electronic ringers < as opposed to mechanical ringers = bells>

Be sure to read the instructions!
Follow them VERY CAREFULLY !!!!
There is a lot of voltage stored up in those capacitors, and the transistors give it plenty of bite. You could be seriously injured or killed by touching the wrong components on the inside of a TELE-Q!
Hope that helps some.

Oh Yeah one more thing;

This may be obvious and please don't be insulted but I actually ran into this once, when I couldn't get a cordless phone to ring off a tele-Q. You do have to have the base unit plugged into 110v < Or 220v if you live in one of those weird countries where they roast wombats> The wall voltage supplies the power to the transmitter in the base. Since , most of the time, the bases are supplied via "wall warts" you need to have them plugged into a real outlet, not a dimmer. Unless, of course, you have IPS dimmers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back