The importance of audio gears for sound reinforcement

I am from Viet Nam and also the newbie. In our country we do not apply sound reinforcement for theater, only totally acoustic or electric audio (meaning vocal sing directly to mic and the same with instruments). I have a plan for a rather small theater in the round 300m2 and 5m ceiling height. I have some questions for not so much professional acoustic theater:

1. In Vietnam audio gears mostly come from China. If for electric audio then speakers, processor ect.. the quality must be good enough. How about the gears for sound reinforcement, we can apply China product or there is a must that I have to buy from ebay.

2. Can you tell me all the audio gears for sound reinforcement I should have for my not-so-much-prefessional theater. Will I need DSP?

3. Instruments needed, for example: drum, guitar, violin ect.. Programs are only for Jazz, Vietnamese traditional songs, music only. For me I like jazz, trio and classic. But I do not need so much instruments on stage.

Thank you all.

Hi Quan.

I think people are hesitant to try to answer your questions without more specifics. Maybe if you posted some gear and asked if it's appropriate for a certain use, you will get more answers. The question about Chinese gear versus gear from eBay is very broad (and are those really the only two options)? Are you looking for mics, mixers, speakers, a whole system? Sounds like you might want to actually hire a system designer who will look at your space and speak with you in person.

Thank you for advising me for my first posting here. Maybe I will look for shop abroad but not China. Could you tell me some shops around if possible web address included. I may get advise from them and directly choose the desired system cause' in my country we do not have expert on sound reinforcement for theater. Thanks in advance.

I would post over at soundforums.net
A lot of the guys there tour extensively and might be able to suggest some international resources.
So much of the equipment in the U.S is made in China from the get go. If you purchase from China I would just make sure the vendor is a legitimate supplier for the brand you are purchasing. The knock off stuff does not measure up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back