Theater class for credit

LeRoy17

In order to keep my teaching certification in theater, I need to take 3 credits in theater. I work as a teacher full time and am having a hard time finding night theater classes. Are there any theater classes for credit on-line available? If I could be choosy, I'd like to find either a playwriting or dramatic literature class.

In order to keep my teaching certification in theater, I need to take 3 credits in theater. I work as a teacher full time and am having a hard time finding night theater classes. Are there any theater classes for credit on-line available? If I could be choosy, I'd like to find either a playwriting or dramatic literature class.

I am currently a student at SUNY Oswego, and I know that every semester (including during the summer and winter) THT 364 - Western Theatre is offered as an online course. I have not taken it as an online course, but I have heard good things from those who have.

You may be too late for this year, but Central Washington University in Ellensburg, WA has a summer program for Drama teachers. You can get 6 credits in a week. The program is really intended for people to get a masters degree, but it's open to everyone. I go once a year and take one class to keep my certification up to date. Here's the website. Let me know if you have any questions about the program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back