Thoughts on Jands Vista Byron Beta

ccm1495

Im just wondering what people thought of jands vista byron beta or if anyone has even used the windows app or installed it on a console.

In a different thought I was thinking about if it would be possible to use a joystick with jands to control pan tilt.

I played with it early on in Beta testing before it went public. I really liked it. A lot of big improvements. The best of which in my opinion is the changes to the way FX are done. Way more control and ability to manipulate them. I didn't play with it a lot because I have an S3 and would have to change the firmware each time I switched between the it and the original. I work for a church and having a weekly program I just couldn't risk messing up my setup. Although I did it a few times here and there.

I also demoed a T2 in December. When I got the T2 it actually had the Byron show from LDI loaded up on it. Turns out AC lighting sent me the LDI demo board. Played with it for a little bit before loading up Version 1 to program my show on. Wanted to use Byron for it, but I didn't feel like it was worth the risk of using a Beta version for a live show.

But I've used it both as the Windows App and S3 and on a T2. Switching between V1 and Byron was easier on a T2 than an S3. Either way it seemed intuitive and well thought out. Still has a few bugs from what I've seen on the Vista Forums, but I was actually told a new release date by my sales rep. However I have forgotten when that is but it's pretty soon. Once they have a general public version being shipped I'm switching over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back