Threaded PVC

Edrick

Premium Member
I'm looking to do some special effects and I've seen them used in fountain displays. But does anyone know where I could order specialty PVC pipe that has threaded connections every few inches or x distance. Instead of having to use a T with a threaded branch

It seems to be molded or manufactured that way. It's not threads cut into the pipe but actually molded risers with a threading

I do a lot of FX with water other effects that need plumbing. Explain a bit what you are actually looking for and the intended use.

Making an inference, are you looking to have a straight run of pipe with an outlet at 90 degrees every few inches, leading to a nozzle or spray head or something along those lines?

If so you can probably (depending on psi) use sched 80 pipe for the main and drill and tap holes as needed, then simply install a threaded nipple.

Depending on the scale and budget of your project, contact the folks at Roman Fountains for parts and advice.
Fountains Pumps, Fountain Kits, South Valley, New Mexico, NM

Hi that's correct just coming straight up for nozzles

Just drill your own holes, and use a standard pipe tap to make the threads. For most uses you can tap up to 3/8 NPT in the wall of a sch 40 pipe, up to 3/4" in Sch 80 PVC pipe. If you are at the extreme top end, size wise, or in any way are nervous about the ability of the Shop Threaded connections, do a test with twice the design psi (do not exceed the normal pipe pressure rating) and with the outlet capped. Leave it under pressure for twice the time you expect the FX to run. Repeat the test at least 3 times.

Just a small hint, for your main, the larger the diameter, the more evenly it will deliver pressure to all the outlets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back