Timecoded show - best solutions

Pedrocruz

Hi guys, im a sound engineer for a band, which is in that point that would like to move to a light show following timecode, but unfortunatelly cant afford touring with own/rented fixtures/lights in order to make it easier and consistent, but it would gain alot with a timecoded show.
I always wondered how bands in this situation deal with diferent adressess every show, does that mean the light guy have to stay hours just reprograming? Fixing patches?
Please understand im a sound guy, so my knowledge in lights is very limited but im interested!
The purpose of this post, is can i get any pratical input from you guys? It there a easy to travel solution for this? If you were hired to do this job with a nice budget, and a bag to drop on planes, what equipment would you take? (Sorry, i believe no one will be hired :( just trying to get your attention :) )
How would you deal with diferent venues/festivals setup?

I believe this is more than i could ask from you guys, and thank you for sharing your knowledge!

This is the kind of thing that you need to have a competent programmer out on the road for. They would need to meticulously update presets and clone fixtures over every day and ensure that the house rig had enough fixtures so that the timecoded show didn't cause a blackout when the lights programmed to come on don't exist in the rig. I've seen a timecoded house rig show done, but you have to have an experienced programmer there to make it happen for you or else you're most likely SOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back