Traynor-Yorkville MX-16

Hey all. I'll be picking up one of these desk mixers on a trade pretty soon. I've seen it and used it on a gig to try it out and it seems fine, but I can't find much of anything about it online. They made it around 1972-76, but it didn't do well. On the Traynor website, they seem to deny its existence entirely. Has anybody else used this desk and have any tips or info on it? I just think it's kind of odd how nobody seems to know anything about this console, and from what I can tell, it's perfectly fine. Up to par with most modern analog consoles except there is no phantom power.. Anywho, anybody who knows anything about this thing, feel free to comment.

I don't know anything about that particular console, but I do know something of where analog audio circuit design was at that time. Let me put it this way, practically any inexpensive console of recent vintage will far outperform a 35 year old design sonically.

Preamp noise performance and amplifier stage slew rates are two areas where huge improvements have occured, and that's just the start.

I will also bet it is physically huge for the number of channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back