TRUSS!

ssellers

To all you rigging pro's in the world.... Does anybody know anything about High Sierra brand Truss??? My school just bought 16 sticks and Ive not heard of this brand... Thoughts??? Please email me at [email protected]

thanks!

I couldn't find anything directly related, except for one listing on Gear source. From the pix it seems like standard, plated truss, but nothing else.

High sierra seems to be a wooden truss manufacture not metal, that said the listing on gear source is very sparse for information. If your school bought it where did they buy it from?

if you can't find an actual load rating for the truss i wouldn't trust it for much

EDIT i just realized that, ssellers you should post some pictures of the truss

Last edited:
Never Heard of it. Nothing good, nothing bad. What is you intended use?

The truss was bought from gear source for 250 per 12' stick... a steal in the truss world I know...esp for 24" box! Was bought from Vegas and is home made... That being said, it was constructed using 1.5" aluminium square tubing and was welded by a certified aluminium welder. But I have no specs or paperwork for it. It bolts together nicely and is super strong. My issue is finding different ways to configure it. The truss world doesn't have cheeseborroughs or clamps for 1.5" square... Any suggestions???

Sell it for scrap. With no proper ratings it has no business being flown in the air.

You beat me to it. Homemade, square tube truss has no business anywhere. Most clamps won't fit on it, it is incompatible with anything else, it's not been rated or certified, on and on. I'm surprised that GearSource would even list this stuff, since everyone is so sue happy these days.

Not to mention the non standard bolting pattern makes it pretty much useless with standard accessories. (edit: I see that's just a stock photo)

"hinged for base plate" what does that even mean?

Anyway, square tube homemade box truss? SCARY

Last edited:
At a minimum, the school, in order to minimize their liability, MUST have an engineer inspect and field certify the truss. "Homemade" truss is nothing short of a lawsuit waiting for the right moment to jump into the lap of the institution!!!

Light Source offers some square tubing clamps, AND they are rated!!! That said, square clamps on non-rated, non-certified truss amounts to nothing.

Be very careful with this situation. If you, SSELLERS, are the technician in charge of the venue, you too will be forced into the lawsuit that is pending...and it is merely a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back