ULX-D and SB900 Li-on batteries

yunebug

Hi all,

I have eight ULX-D1 body pack transmitters. We bought eight new Shure SB900 batteries and when I install any of the new batteries into a transmitter, I get a "Calc" and then "ERR!" flashing back and forth.

Funny thing is, TWO of the eight transmitters I have accept the new batteries. I've tried the same battery in other units (didn't work) and I've tried the other batteries in the units (worked) so I know that it's the transmitter that's accepting the batteries, not bad batteries.

Another thing to confirm it - we have two ULX-D2 handheld transmitters and all eight new batteries work in them.

-___-

What's wrong with the six transmitters I have???

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for the suggestion. I called into Shure this morning and got it resolved.

We've used these ULX-D1 body pack transmitters in two shows now with alkaline AA batteries. These require the AA battery plastic piece that holds the batteries in place to be placed on top of the two AA batteries. I guess over time, the plastic piece has bent the center metal contact that is supposed to make contact with the diagnostic part of the battery and when I placed the SB900 into the unit, the silver tab wasn't making the connection with the battery. As per the rep's instructions, I gently bent the silver tabs outward a bit to make sure they will make contact with the batteries and voila - resolved.

Thank you very much. :0)

Now that's the kind of thing that we'd have taken forever to find...

Now that's the kind of thing that we'd have taken forever to find...
Also note that the center end spring has been replaced by a new part. The contact that is now under the battery so that it cannot be bent.
And yes I bent my older ULXD1 contacts out and they work now and report hours correctly. :)
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back