Unwanted "sound response" in lighting system

Apparently the campus electrician went over, checked some things out, did some tests, and fixed it. Hopefully, I'll have an answer as to what was really wrong tomorrow.

So apparenly the Control Module was pretty much gone. Or at least that's what I've been told. I don't understand how the Control module being gone can cause the lights to flicker and bump. So, they replaced the control module, and then today, I went over to see what they'd done (I didn't know that they'd replaced the control module yet, I just knew that it was supposedly "fixed"), and I found that two of my dimmer modules were down. Well, just got an email back from the Campus Activites person who went over there with the electrician, and apparently the electrician just reset the control module. Also, she was told that we won't be able to reset the control module and that we have to call an electrician if we need it reset for any reason.

In other news about the venue, new stuff this fall: 12 Opti 30 RGB, NSI MC7532, 11 new parcans, and a new 4-pack dimmer that will sit up on the third overhead hanging position, which will be installed this summer, hopefully.

So...I imagine you still have the issue...don't you just love horese crap like that?

So...I imagine you still have the issue...don't you just love horese crap like that?

I have been told that replacing the Control Module stopped the flickering. However, I did not have time to test it, as I was leaving (and am now home, hurrah!). Sometime over the next few weeks one of the campus activities folks is going to go over and crank the music and see if the lights still respond.

Oops...misread thought you said they just reset the control module to fix it...apparently that was the fix for the dimmer modules...
For the record...something doesn't sound right to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back