upgrading ION

So was wondering, we have a new boss who is proactive as opposed to the old boss who was inactive, and i have been given the chance to finally upgrade my ION beyond1.9.5 . i couldn't get the replacement keys for 1.9.6 so have been stuck there. Can i just upgrade to 3 or do i have to do all the upgrades in between? Thanks

You should be able to update to current software with one installer. The current being 2.0.1. You can find it on the downloads page of ETC's website. There should be a place to fill out a form as well and ETC will send you knew key caps. None of this costs any money, so don't ever hesitate to update whenever possible. You are going to be in for a big surprise going from 1.9.5 to 2.0.1, a lot of things have changed and you aren't going to encounter them slowly as you would if you stayed up to date as time went on. I recommend reading the release notes and ETC has some short videos on YouTube about some features in software updates.

-Tim

EDIT: I should add that I don't remember when the virtual media server was added, but if that isn't on you console, you will need a separate installer for that.

You should be able to update to current software with one installer. The current being 2.0.1. You can find it on the downloads page of ETC's website. There should be a place to fill out a form as well and ETC will send you knew key caps. None of this costs any money, so don't ever hesitate to update whenever possible. You are going to be in for a big surprise going from 1.9.5 to 2.0.1, a lot of things have changed and you aren't going to encounter them slowly as you would if you stayed up to date as time went on. I recommend reading the release notes and ETC has some short videos on YouTube about some features in software updates.

-Tim

EDIT: I should add that I don't remember when the virtual media server was added, but if that isn't on you console, you will need a separate installer for that.
right on thanks

right on thanks

The release notes for v2.0.1 - http://www.etcconnect.com/product.downloads.aspx?ID=20351
detail the install, which essentially is: Download the *CONSOLE* software (as opposed to the Off-Line-Editor software), to a PC/Mac HD. Unzip, transfer the un-zipped file to a USB/thumb drive, put the USB into the console drive slot, start the boot, then in the setup screen (press Enter on the 5-4-3-2-1 window during boot) navigate to Settings and then to the Software Update section and follow directions.

You will want to order the new keycaps, especially Shift.

You will want to download the 2.0.1 manual, the release notes indicates many of the changes as well.

You might want the v 2.0.1 Off-Line-Editor, there are separate versions for Mac or Windows.

It's worth the effort as there are many significant improvements.

The release notes for v2.0.1 - http://www.etcconnect.com/product.downloads.aspx?ID=20351
detail the install, which essentially is: Download the *CONSOLE* software (as opposed to the Off-Line-Editor software), to a PC/Mac HD. Unzip, transfer the un-zipped file to a USB/thumb drive, put the USB into the console drive slot, start the boot, then in the setup screen (press Enter on the 5-4-3-2-1 window during boot) navigate to Settings and then to the Software Update section and follow directions.

You will want to order the new keycaps, especially Shift.

You will want to download the 2.0.1 manual, the release notes indicates many of the changes as well.

You might want the v 2.0.1 Off-Line-Editor, there are separate versions for Mac or Windows.

It's worth the effort as there are many significant improvements.

sounds good thanks, last time i looked i thought i had to buy the keys but looks like i just order them, in fact the new boss is looking into getting them with a gel order. YEAH!!! only been three years since i got gels, people ask if L201 is supposed to have that clear spot in the center LOL!! at least i can tell if my beam is centered.

sounds good thanks, last time i looked i thought i had to buy the keys but looks like i just order them, in fact the new boss is looking into getting them with a gel order. YEAH!!! only been three years since i got gels, people ask if L201 is supposed to have that clear spot in the center LOL!! at least i can tell if my beam is centered.

Also be aware the ETC provided a free set of replacement keycaps at some point about 2 years ago, swapping the older squarish design for a more rounded design that makes data entry a bit more accurate. If your desk does not have them, it's an easy swap out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back