Conventional Fixtures Ushio HPL Double-life 575

Scenemaster60

Within is the last few months I became aware of the fact that Ushio is marketing a "double-life" 575 watt HPL lamp that is called the "HPL-Superlife" which claims an average life of 3000 hours at 2950K with an output of 10,500 lumens. Does anyone have any experience with this lamp?

How does it differ from the Osram/Sylvania HPL575 120/x?

When I ran the math for the voltage reduction "game" that is the HPL lamp (i.e.115 vs. 120 volts) I got virtually the same lumen output, color temp and life between the two....

Is this a clever marketing strategy or as there something significant that is newly engineered here?

I have been specing the HPL575 120/x for years in applications where I knew that maintenence WAS an issue and that brightness was not critical.

Very interesting in you did all three corners in comparing the math. Have not had any customers asking for the lamp so I have not even considered comparing the specifications. Very interesting what you are noting in how a 3K hour lamp might be listed.

If the math adds up, should add up than in the same for great marketing concept and I believe they are a little more expensive than the 120vX lamps they sell. But still I would get a sample of the lamp from your vendor as they should do for free and compare it to the other with a light lumen/color meter to at least initially compare results with the math.

If wanted I'll contact my Ushio rep. and get an explination.

>>Is this a clever marketing strategy or is there something significant that is newly engineered here?

*(no comment)* ;-)

I'd love to see the results Ship gets!

3000 hrs. in a constant-on, ideal burning position, perfectly cooled environment or 3000 hrs in a theatre setting (frequent full voltage "offs" & "ons," running on dimmers w/non-sinusoidal waveforms, assorted burning positions, probably poor cooling air flow, etc., etc.)??

3000 hrs. in a constant-on, ideal burning position, perfectly cooled environment or 3000 hrs in a theatre setting (frequent full voltage "offs" & "ons," running on dimmers w/non-sinusoidal waveforms, assorted burning positions, probably poor cooling air flow, etc., etc.)??
And being handled brutally while being focused by folks calling themselves "skilled technicians" rarely thinking to unlock the fixture while stone cold then focus at 80% rather than full.
You've never met any "skilled technicians" like that have you @JonCarter ?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

And that's why @JonCarter is the very, very model of a modern major general.

Hey I want a rank too! I request SGT in General.

Work just went "Big Stickers" by way of "You Must' fill this out" when changing this lamp = IA as per who and why now must do it on-site.. and reset the lamp counters. It is boldly stated on the sticker so all must comply with fully filing out this lamp change sticker. And such new stickers clearly list which lamp the replacement lamp is to be installed into in bold letters amongst other specifc details to comply with. Problem of course... stickers often lacks the other lights such a lamp should be installed in. Good start though in "idoit proofing" the "Professional labor." Too bad our print shop don't do paper labels so of course so if you have ink pen or pencil, it's going to smear. And if dull Sharpee, I'll still mostly not be able to read it. How well the stickers hold to "natural cardboard" TBA in perhaps falling off.

Mark you can get your own Ushio lamps as I'm sure you already have in study. :) I'm kind of busy with other stuff in time on other stff like dummy loads. :) Until someone wants a 3K lamp in given it's cheaper than the LED upgrade I have also not heard of sales on... no studies.

Gee thanks. Smelley but cool. The more I post or say anything I often find the more rank I smell in saying anyting especially to management, and the better I smell in just not saying nothing. "Rank Enough"... Love the dual meaning to it also. Too bad too late a name change to poster name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back