using center columns to rig pin spots

jcander2

I'm looking for a way to rig pin spots around center columns inside this ballroom. Of course I would need some type of brace that wraps around the column along with a pipe to secure the fixture. Another lighting company has braces for these columns, and I cannot find them anywhere; nor do I know them well enough to call and ask them that question. Has anyone ever done this before and/or have suggestions?

I've made a small rig out of pipe and ratchet straps around the column. You could use duve or some other fabric to cover up the strap and pipe closest to the wall, and you can hang lights in all four directions.

Just be sure not to scuff up paint or wall paper with your rig.

I'm looking for a way to rig pin spots around center columns inside this ballroom. Of course I would need some type of brace that wraps around the column along with a pipe to secure the fixture. Another lighting company has braces for these columns, and I cannot find them anywhere; nor do I know them well enough to call and ask them that question. Has anyone ever done this before and/or have suggestions?
What are the columns made of and how big are they. Also, how is the ceiling constructed. We did four pipes around columns during the last Inagural but we hung pipes from the ceiling. Actually we hung two and cheeseburoughed the other two, then used material to dress the columns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back