UV Cannon or UV Wash

Cforand

I am doing lighting for a church camp this summer and they are wanting to cover the room in blacklights.. The room is 111FTX97FT..25ft Ceilings Any idea what kind of coverage I would need? I am looking to buy the fixtures so I have them, but would rent them if I need some really big stuff. I have looked at what Elation has, but not sure what else I should look for... any help would be great....

Craig

The difference also lies in how the UV is produced. The Cannon uses a high wattage lamp and a woods glass lens to subtract all but the UV rays whereas, the UV Wash or for even more output, Elation's UV Panel uses a lower wattage florescent light source with greater UV output.

The UV Panel will offer you the best dollar value considering output vs. cost.

I've got 4 of the fluorescent Elations that I've used to cover my black box space (about 40'x60'). Good coverage, some falloff with distance, but the units are cheap enough that you could use more or add more as budget becomes available. Will the strike time on something like a Wildfire be an issue, or are you looking at a set-it and forget-it kinda thing?

Consider Floros, cheap and you get a lot of punch out UV units. Other than that sounds like the Wildfire wash units will be your friend....

We bought 2 of the Elation UV panels. I am under whelmed to say the least. We have a 30 x 50 space with a vaulted ceiling. We mounted them in the front and unless it is completely black in the room you cannot see any thing. On top of that one was bad out of the box (promptly taken care of by Elation) and now the other has a bad bulb after 20 our so hours of use. They are very cheep by comparison to every thing else so maybe 5 or 6 would work for the price of one of the bigger ones.

We bought 2 of the Elation UV panels. I am under whelmed to say the least. We have a 30 x 50 space with a vaulted ceiling. We mounted them in the front and unless it is completely black in the room you cannot see any thing. On top of that one was bad out of the box (promptly taken care of by Elation) and now the other has a bad bulb after 20 our so hours of use. They are very cheep by comparison to every thing else so maybe 5 or 6 would work for the price of one of the bigger ones.

It may just be how you used them 2 of them to cover a 30 x 50 space is going to be difficult without paying the large amount of cash on higher end UV washes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back