Vectorworks Label Legend Container issue

theisbr

I am using VW 2009 and started a new plot this week. I added fixtures as normal and created my label legend in the manager. After going back to the drawing and refreshing the instruments the notations would appear, but some of the containers would not. Back in the Manager I changed the container from circle to triangle and the container would then show up on the plan. I discovered that circles and rectangles were being projected about 50 ft in front of the fixture instead of right on the back side of the fixture. The dimmer number still shows up at the back of the instrument where I put it in the label legend manager, but the container does not land there. However if I change the container to a triangle or hexagon, it is in the correct place. To put it another way, I set up my label legend with the dimmer in a circle at the back of the instrument and the channel in a hexagon just behind the dimmer. When I go to the drawing, The circle is about 50 feet in front of the fixture, the dimmer number is where it is supposed to be, the hexagon and channel number are where they are supposed to be.

Any ideas? I have been using the program for several years and this is the first time I saw this.

Have you edited the symbol for circles and squares? It sounds like the root symbol itself isn't drawn on the center origin point, and is therefor being shown as displaced. I'm not sure that it actually works that way in practice, but that is what it sounds like.

Did you create new container symbols and store them in the containers folder ?. The label legend manager references to the containers in this folder. You also need to tell the legend what container it's supposed to use. Be careful when you create new containers to name it other then what exists as stock in the folder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back