Venue Rider

peacefulone61

I am in the process of creating a Venue Rider for the theater I work at. We have about 10-15 outside one off events through out the year as well as a bunch of student produced work and events from the music and dance departments.

There has never been one for the space before and I am trying to formalize and codify things in the theater. besides the basics of the venue what kind of information do you include on these types of Riders?

That is not a rider. A rider is something you attach to a contract. You are wanting to write a technical specification for your venue. Now, for our contracts we do have a technical addendum that covers labor rates, what is included with the rental, rental rates for in house gear, and crew minimums. Technical specs should include everything you need to advance a show into a venue.

This is both of my venues and all technical ppwk involved: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3cfenwjl97k02zn/BZT1zfM926

Thank you for clarifying this.

I think ultimately it is also a document setting expectations and helping those the utilized communicating there needs

I would make them separate documents. We use a contract agreement to cover payment, rules/regulations, safety, marketing, ticketing, staffing, essentially all the day to day admin items. Then we have a tech packet that I can send in advance and is available on our website as general information. We use a google form to receive intake applications that allows selecting a-la cart items and specifying event details and we use that to craft our contracts.

Feel free to check out our paperwork and I can send you a sample copy of our contract if you remind me in a message.

http://www.ymcanyc.org/westside/pages/Theater

I would make them separate documents. We use a contract agreement to cover payment, rules/regulations, safety, marketing, ticketing, staffing, essentially all the day to day admin items. Then we have a tech packet that I can send in advance and is available on our website as general information. We use a google form to receive intake applications that allows selecting a-la cart items and specifying event details and we use that to craft our contracts.

Feel free to check out our paperwork and I can send you a sample copy of our contract if you remind me in a message.

http://www.ymcanyc.org/westside/pages/Theater
Did you know that you have the audio equipment question on your google form twice?

We use rSchoolToday to schedule events, but generally we are contacted over the phone to find available dates before hand.

Even though people can sign up for equipment via that, I am considering setting up a google form like yours since it seems much more user friendly and straight forward, plus allows to explain what charges mean slightly better. Additionally, school users never actually put their needs in the system (I'm looking at you guidance counselors) so I think having a google form to send out might streamline things for me as their one offs come up.

Did you know that you have the audio equipment question on your google form twice?

We use rSchoolToday to schedule events, but generally we are contacted over the phone to find available dates before hand.

Even though people can sign up for equipment via that, I am considering setting up a google form like yours since it seems much more user friendly and straight forward, plus allows to explain what charges mean slightly better. Additionally, school users never actually put their needs in the system (I'm looking at you guidance counselors) so I think having a google form to send out might streamline things for me as their one offs come up.

Audio shouldn't be on there twice, but thank you for the heads up. Clearly I didn't test the link on our website. :doh:I republished the link, it should look better now.

I have that form fill out a google spreadsheet and I get an email notification any time it gets filled out. We email it out and if someone wants to jump start the process of a rental they can go straight to it from our website. It streamlines our rental intake process greatly.

We use Google for a majority of our back office operations. There are lots of options out there, but we've found google works the best for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back