Vinny Green- New Member

vinnygreen

I'm the Director of Fine and Performing Arts for Islip Schools in Islip (Long Island) NY. My experience is primarily as a instrumentalist (both onstage and in pit orchestra) and as a vocalist, but I spent time training as a PSM with a few Equity SM and have hung more than a few lights in my day. I come here now as the de facto leader for a school district with 5 auditoriums (auditoria?) with lighting and sound systems in a variety of states from decent to 'huh?'

I've found some interesting articles here, like the running crew article below, that I will be sharing with my new TD as we work toward a more student-centered approach to our HS musical production. My ultimate goal? For the professionals to stand in the back of the house while the entire show runs itself under the leadership of well-trained student assistants. It's how most of us got started. I just need to keep reminding my staff of that.

Thanks for the great tips, and I look forward to many more opportunities to steal... er... borrow ideas from those who've been there and done that.

(http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/collaborative-articles/6778-building-training-running-crew.html)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back