VL 2000 Lamp Issue

I have about Twelve vl2k and I have an issue with lamp randomly dousing and then re-striking. I cant seem to pinpoint the issue and would love some help or some advice on fixing it

Two Of them are doing it

Is it the exact same two everytime or it happens 2 at a time? Check your inDMX cable make sure the end of the daisy is terminated. If its the exact same two replace the lamps. If it continues I would look at your ballast and power supply to make sure its working properly. Here is the service manual. However before digging into them you call varlite and talk to a tech.

http://www.neuhauslighting.com/Varilite Downloads_files/VL2000W Service Manual.pdf

I have about Twelve vl2k and I have an issue with lamp randomly dousing and then re-striking. I cant seem to pinpoint the issue and would love some help or some advice on fixing it

A lot of times, that would be a thermal issue. The inside of the fixture gets too hot and douses the lamp...once it cools down, it will re-strike. Check all of the fans to make sure they are clean and working properly.

J

Or it could be a failing lamp interlock as well.
At least that (And Fans) would be what I would look at on a VL2500....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back