Weight of 100' Pyle National 37 contact 12 x 20 Amp?

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Departed Member
My title is my query: How much does a 100' length of 12 circuit 20 Amp Pyle National extension cable weight in pounds?
While I'm asking, how much does a break-in or break-out weigh and how long would the break-in or out be? Is there any appreciable weight differences between break-ins and outs to 2P&G compared to 20 Amp Twists?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Let's hope it is not that one! 20 amps x 12 circuits on 16 AWG does not have a happy ending!

@Amiers Nope! Neither buying nor selling. Just got to remembering how much heavier the Pyle National extensions were than the more common Socapex to schlepp around a theatre, like when you needed to tote just one more to the grid, didn't have a motor in position, and opted to put one over your shoulder, be a real man and muscle your way up a ship's ladder. It's one of those things you do once in your life when you're younger and more naive. In a similar vein, I recall when I started my apprenticeship wondering why all conduit didn't ship in banded bundles of ten 10' lengths. I began to figure it out when I had to shoulder bundles of 1.25 rigid up six stories to the mechanical penthouse atop a hospital renovation. It REALLY hit home when I was the only person available to unload a delivery of 4" rigid blue Genelcoat (Brand name) for a highway overpass project. At 110 pounds per 10' length shipped with threaded couplings pre-installed on one end, I caught on pretty quick why they weren't sold and delivered in bundles of 100'.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back