What to do with old mixers?

yunebug

Hello everyone.

We have a broken Carvin C3248 and a partially-working Carvin SL24. Right now, we are running on a Mackie 1402-VLZ until we get our new mixer, which is going to be the SoundCraft SI Performer 2.

I'm going to hold onto the Mackie as a backup/slave mixer. I really don't think the C3248 is worth the $330 Carvin is asking for repair. I know the SL24 is worthless now (Carvin won't even repair it).

What did you do with your old mixers as you upgraded? Please shed some light on this. Thank you! :0)

If something still works and you're legally allowed to, sell it on ebay or your preferred method. If its not worth repairing there's not much you can do. Hold onto it, ask around see if anyone needs one for parts and give it to them, or take it apart and play with the pieces. Most things that aren't worth fixing or are too far gone at our school end up being given to the 3D arts class and the parts end up in art pieces that semester. We've had a few pianos go that route.

I just don't know if the C3248 will sell for $350, the amount it costs to repair it. xD As for the SL24, I think I am going to disassemble it and play with the pieces. Thank you for the suggestions!

I just don't know if the C3248 will sell for $350, the amount it costs to repair it. xD As for the SL24, I think I am going to disassemble it and play with the pieces. Thank you for the suggestions!
Whats wrong with the mixers? Assuming these are older analog mixers, theres not much to them... so you might be able to fix them yourself if you are so inclined.

Whats wrong with the mixers? Assuming these are older analog mixers, theres not much to them... so you might be able to fix them yourself if you are so inclined.
Especially if you can find another working one you can swap parts with. Keep swapping until you find the non-working part(s).

Good Morning

i've seen plenty of non-working items on EBAY sold for parts.
Give it to someone or sell it for parts if you don't want to deal with it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back