What type of Fabric?

I'm trying to hang fabric down from the ceiling as a backdrop for a production. The venue is around 14meters in height. I'm wondering what type of fabric will be suitable as backdrop. Do i need thick material, similar to stage curtain? I'm worried that the fabric will be affected by wind/Aircon during the performance if i use thin cloth.

Thanks

Most drops have a pocket in the bottom. That pocket contains either chain and is permanently sewn into the drop, or they'll leave it open at the ends so that 1" diameter pipe can be inserted into it. Open pockets are usually used by touring productions, or if the drop is going to be removed and stored folded up.

I'm trying to hang fabric down from the ceiling as a backdrop for a production. The venue is around 14meters in height. I'm wondering what type of fabric will be suitable as backdrop. Do i need thick material, similar to stage curtain? I'm worried that the fabric will be affected by wind/Aircon during the performance if i use thin cloth.

Thanks

It depends on what you are doing with the back drop, is it just to cover the back wall and will it be black?

Just remember if its on a stage it has to be rated for fire prevention, No matter how long its there.

to add to what DuckJordan said,
What are you doing with the drop ? Masking or projection surface?
How wide?
Indoor or outdoor?
What are you rigging to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back