which is better: Elation SixPar 200 RGBAW-UV LED PAR or Chauvet Colordash Par H12IP

gbdesign

Which is better: Elation SixPar 200 RGBAW-UV LED PAR or Chauvet Colordash Par H12 IP for small community theater. 12' high grid, use as backlight/color wash. Looking for durability, reliability, good color uniformity across units.

My vote goes to whichever is cheaper. I have a dozen SixPar units in my space and one of them has developed flickering/strobing on half of the red array after 3 years of regular usage. The other 11 are fine so far. Physical durability is good, and I haven't had a problem with color uniformity. My troubled unit probably has a bad capacitor. However, I can't use this as a basis to recommend the Chauvet over the Elation as they all most likely use similarly inexpensive parts.

Of course, management in my space seems to be of the illusion that these fixtures will last 25 years, which they will not.

We currently have 18 SixPar 300's - I love them! Looking into adding a few more to our inventory within the next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back