Who else uses TouchOSC?

djred2000

I work part time running sound and lights at the college I attend. We have a strand 200 board for our lights but I have been using my laptop with Enttec's DMX USB Pro and DMXControl for a while and love it. When I got my iPhone, I found out about TouchOSC and have been playing around with it a lot lately. I wrote a patch in Pure Data that converts OSC data from my phone into MIDI and sends it to DMXControl. I can now control levels and recall scenes remotely from my phone over WIFI. Anybody else use it?

That sounds pretty cool. I use a panel I designed for an iPad to help me polish up my corner pinning from on stage when I am doing projection work with Isadora. I have also used it on an iPod Touch mounted on a stand to control Isadora for an interactive installation piece.

I've combined it with an Arduino + relay setup to control my room lighting over wifi. :D

The problem I had though was that it forced my computer to run all the time to convert OSC to serial for the Arduino.

Although in that setup, I only used toggles, no faders or anything. Personally, I really need tactile faders, otherwise I can't do anything for anything important (such as a show, or if I'm producing music)

Our lighting system doesn't have any automated lighting or anything. It's very simple, just house lights and stage spots on dimmers. I use the faders on TouchOSC to set the levels and then save the scene in the computer. Then during the event, I can recall the saved scene from my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back