Wholehog II Flashing LED Lights

Hello all,
Great community here, glad to be a part of it. We have here an old Wholehog II that seems to only want to flash all of it's control surface LEDs when powered on. All of the power supply LEDs come on, the fan starts up, we even see the external keyboard lights flash, but nothing more. The LCD monitors are dark, and the VGA ports do not output any signal. In our research, we've found this means the processor board is not community with the front panel board. Does anyone have any suggestion on how we might solve this?

Thank you very much,
Brooks

It does sound like this could be the case, with older computers, DL2 and a few other things that I cannot remember off the top of my head, I have had similar things problems; this kind of thing could be due to a dead CMOS battery.

It just a guess, I have not used hog II in probably a decade, but its at least a place to start. In embedded systems there are often very unique startup, and odd bios settings; these get lost when the battery dies. Those batteries are usually a CR2032 or similar, you can get most button cells at auto parts stores; they are used in key fobs.

Let us know what you find out!

open the desk, and reseat the ribbon cables, The flashing lights means that the main board doesn't have communication with the face panel.
If that doesn't solve it, Call lightparts in austin. They have some parts available. (And troubleshooting help.)

If worse comes to worse, I have 2 Hog 2's available for sale, for what I think is a very reasonable price. DM me for info, if yours are not repairable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back