Control/Dimming Wireless DMX led tea light

dkman

Hey guys just came across this idea today. Does anybody know if its possible to dim a led tea light wirelesly via DMX? ultimately it would be nice if the unit was almost as small as the tea light itself, with the reciever dimmer and battery all crammed into the little thing. Thanks in advance

It's theoretically possible, the wireless receiver could probably be built right into the light if it was made a couple of inches taller. That being said wireless dmx receivers are expensive, around $150 for the small ones. That would make for really expensive tea lights, and make them cost prohibitive to most people. Some other, dumber form of wireless control could probably be built in much cheaper and may have already been done. If it's out there I haven't seen them though.

My vote would also to be to go with an inexpensive wireless tea light, and then mod the controller to accept a DMX channel. I've done this for several other 12v accessories so dropping it down to 3v or 1.5v wouldn't be terribly difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back