Wood butchery and fall protection all in one on a macro scale

That was pretty cool. I wouldn't trust myself not to cut through the lines though.

I have a friend from highschool who is a certified Tree Climbing Arborist. He climbs trees, and either trims, cuts down (for various reasons) or cares for trees. The emphasis on his training when it comes to care is to do things in such ways to minimize damage to the tree and to cut where it counts etc.
A VERY large amount of his training is in rigging and in SAFETY.

He climbs trees with chainsaw(s), uses ropes, lowers cut branches and trunk sections without damaging things around the tree (or the tree itself if wanted).
I've seen him "transition" from tree to tree.

really an awesome thing to watch. Especially for someone who knows about rigging and working at height.

He has a youtube channel, but I can't remember it right now for sure (Flying Squirrel?). Not that his videos are amazing or anything but it gives you an idea.

Edit - Ah he's using is real name on Youtube now...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(Note: loud music)
I know a few people who do drone photography, would be really cool to catch them in action on a particularly cool job...

I helped him out several years by ground-rigging for him so the other arborists could be up in tress and such themselves after a Tornado hit our home town (I really needed a break from sifting though my own pile of rubble). One of the biggest dangers we were trying to get rid of were things and branches stuck up in trees, branches that were about to break off when winds came though, and spring loaded trees (which are extremely dangerous). Cool stuff. Hard work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back