Digital Surfaces X32 firmware 4.02

FMEng

Fight Leukemia
Behringer released firmware version 4.00 for the X32 and M32 consoles last November. 4.02 fixes and adds a few things, has been out 3 weeks now, with no reports of bugs. This is a major update that adds several, new features over version 3.11. Most notable is user definable routing blocks, so blocks of 8 is no longer a restriction in choosing input sources. That's been a heavily requested item since the console's introduction. The screen graphics and scribble strips are also freshened.

Fully backup everything on the console that you don't want to lose, before going to version 4.02. I didn't lose scenes, but I did lose some items in the library. I always keep a copy of the last, stable version of firmware in a folder on a USB drive. (The latest version has to go in the drive root.) That way, I can roll back if a bug is discovered.

This is a nice gesture from the company upon the introduction of the Wing, which some people see as the X32 successor. It signals that the X32 is still an important and supported product in the family.

Good to hear, though, as I understand it, you don't get *full* routing flexibility, since the upgrade doesn't replace the hardware chips that imposed that, right?

Good to hear, though, as I understand it, you don't get *full* routing flexibility, since the upgrade doesn't replace the hardware chips that imposed that, right?
It's a clever work-around involving custom layers and some kind of internal routing that was not previously available. I think it was discussed briefly over at ProSound Web. For all the complaints about it when it came out I was surprised there was not great rejoycing throughout the land, but other than a couple of "it's about time" there wasn't a lot of comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back