Mixers/Consoles Yamaha LS9 requiring Admin Password for User key

Morning,

A couple weeks ago I had to factory reset my Ls9. I set up Admin. Password and then user keys for church volunteers to use. This past week it started prompting for the admin password to load a user key into the board, which defeats the purpose of a user key. Any one know what happened or how to fix this. Do to Politics the user key method was ideal for me and would like to keep using them.

Morning,

Ahh yes that note under step #6 top of pg. 191 . . . Thank you.

Yes, I did Change the admin. Password after I created the keys. I had forgotten that the admin password is saved in a key. This actually makes me want to smack my self, because I remember worrying, a little, about one of my youth accessing the board through a user key made with the editor software. Then reading that note happy they wouldn't be able to do that.

-James

No worries. Creating keys is one of those tasks that you do not do frequently, so you can't expect to remember every little detail. Especially your first run of them.

When you get a chance, please stop by the New Member Board and introduce yourself to the rest of the members here on CB.

~Dave

No worries. Creating keys is one of those tasks that you do not do frequently, so you can't expect to remember every little detail.

True dat. I've been use the LS9 (and M7) for years and can troubleshoot just about any issue over the phone without the console in front of me and know exactly what to press and where it's located. But every now and then I use a feature that I've never used before. The other day I was asked to make a recording using a USB thumb drive. I had never even opened the recorder page but it was all pretty self explanatory. I even learned that you can select your source from any of the patching. In my case the artist was just a guitar and vocal, so I could have recorded just those two tracks, put the artist's Zoom recorder in the audience for audience mics, and he could have mixed it down later.

A couple of weeks ago I was mixing monitors in a club for the band Everclear (super cool dudes to work with, by the way). Before soundcheck I had a bit of a stressful moment when I couldn't get the Centralogic section to change. I was trying to get to the mix busses to select them and when I would press the button it would light up but the faders wouldn't change and the DCA button would blink. I searched through all the settings and couldn't figure it out. As the time grew closer for the band to walk up I was starting to get a little worried. Luckily the owner of the console had an "ah-hah" moment and remembered: If you hold down one of the Centralogic buttons it locks on that page. I don't know if this is a recent firmware thing or if it's been around for a while but I had no idea that was a feature.

I've only made a user key a couple of times, and I don't know if I've ever actually used the file that I saved. I would have definitely made the same mistake as you in the same circumstances.

Just goes to show you that you can always learn something new.

Edit: Oh yeah, and welcome to Control Booth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back