Yamaha O1V + mLAN16

Guys,

I'be been using O1V and mLAN16 for a while with 48K clock, everything is working OK (connection to Logic, 16 channels in and out). But when I try to switch to 96K clock, I clearly hear clicks in output - I suspect something is wrong with word clock. Has anybody experienced this? Any suggestions how to fix? (tried switching Master / Slave, no effect. 88.2K - same thing, mixer pops up the message Sync Error! (SLOT)

Please help!

Thanks,
Mike

Use an external clock. Yamaha makes one of the most horrid word clocks imaginable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

How and where would it come from? I am using Graphic Patchbay and the mixer itself with mLAN in it, there's nothing else (well, there's Logic on the computer side).

At the faster sample rates your getting errors. Hook a Yamaha console up to a scope sometime, you get a rounded erratic wave.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Guys,

I'be been using O1V and mLAN16 for a while with 48K clock, everything is working OK (connection to Logic, 16 channels in and out). But when I try to switch to 96K clock, I clearly hear clicks in output - I suspect something is wrong with word clock. Has anybody experienced this? Any suggestions how to fix? (tried switching Master / Slave, no effect. 88.2K - same thing, mixer pops up the message Sync Error! (SLOT)
Is the card a MY16-mLAN or is it a mLAN16E? Neither of those are 16 channel devices at 96kHz, the higher bit rate effectively halves the channels supported.

Ahh yes, it's coming back to me now...

The miniYGDAI slot is rated for 16x16 IO at 48k but only 8x8 at 96k.

At any rate if you try and use a non 96k card with a clock rate of 96k (or 88.2k) it's not going to work nicely (ie. quite probably not at all)...
(Though the stuff on Yammie's website has confused me with the talk of doubel channel...)
As Brad noted, neither mLAN card option is 96k happy...

It's MY16-mLAN. I tried mapping only first few channels (2 in 2 out) with the same results. The mixer is 16 channel device @ 96, I believe, and 2 FX versus 4 at lower frequencies, which is plenty for me. How do I tell that to mLAN - jumpers maybe?

Is the card a MY16-mLAN or is it a mLAN16E? Neither of those are 16 channel devices at 96kHz, the higher bit rate effectively halves the channels supported.

What are you running into to get the signal into Logic? When you played with master versus slave, did you do so for both the 01V96 and the interface device?

Switching Master / Slave finally made affect. With mixer being Master the clicks and strange sounds are gone, and so is the message about clock errors on the mixer. HOWEVER, new problem arrived: often (every 3-5 minutes) the audio from mixer I/O is getting to the computer (Logic) with 3-4 second delay. Reset (clicking on Apply in Graphic Pathbay) retors it back to normal.

Using Graphic Patchbay as SW, and Firewire as connection. I tried switching Master / Slave on both side, so they match. No visible difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back