Mixers/Consoles Yammaha Programmable Mixer 01

wpg3121

Hi,

I have been given an old very good condition Yammaha Programmable Mixer 01 which I wish to use as a submixer. Whilst being in very good aesthetically condition ,due to living in a cupboard most of its life, the board refuses to start it's internal computer. The screen lights up green and occasionally through frequent restarts a fader will make some noise and move slightly, however it will not start its mixer software. I have used the O1V extensively so tried restarting the desk, changing the backup battery and wishful thinking however I have still made no progress.

I am hoping someone can think back to when these desks were in use and suggest a possible reason for this before I put it on Ebay as spares and repair feeling very sad as it appears a good desk for simple events, and a waste.

Thank you,

William

The mixer has an internal memory battery and it would be the right age for it to fail. It also wouldn't be the first piece of equipment that I've encountered that won't boot unless the battery good. Open the beast up and see if you have a healthy 3 V on the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back