Zactrack on art-net on the MA-Net

Dutchie

We use Zactrack automated following system whats using Artnet to an MA-net system.
For some weird reasons I'm losing nsp's/rpu or even the GMA from the network when zactrack crashes or the network crash happens at the same time, I'm gonna start monitoring the system tomorrow using WireShark. But at this time I'm clueless about the collision.

if someone has seen this problem before please post.

My possible solution is using a pathway to merge the different networks but I don't know if this is gonna work.

The only (known) data that's being send by Zactrack is pan/tilt and the merge happens in their 'magic' box, whatever happens in there is a secret. I hope my Wireshark will give me some more info tomorrow, until then if someone has an idea, please let me know.

Let me preface this by saying that I have no first-hand experience with a Zactrack system. I have however seen issues with too much network traffic and multiple NSPs on the same network.

Several facilities with multiple NSPs use advanced routers to create VLANs for the types of traffic on the network. The NSPs by design send a lot of data back and forth between the console and themselves. That data can be separated into its own VLAN and lighten the load on the rest of the network that is just going to throw those packets away.

I am not sure about the Zactrack system or how it is configured (or even laid out) but it may be possible to do something similar if it has its own proprietary communication that the rest of the network can ignore.

Then you can put your ArtNet traffic on another VLAN and allow those devices that need to communicate with it to do so.

My guess is that you are going to see A LOT of network traffic in your WireShark capture. I would also watch to see if your network switches are turning off the port because it thinks there might be a network storm coming from those devices due to the amount of traffic. If so, I would look at turning off IGMP and Spanning Tree options on the switch to try to stop it from blocking data.

Just some thoughts that came to mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back