Dilemma

I would definitely consider Apollo Right Arms in place of the I Cues. Once you factor in the price of a power supply for the I Cues (which the Right Arm does not need) and the fact that the Right Arm has a built in power supply for an attached scroller thus meaning you don't have to buy any power supplies at all, the price difference is almost 0 and the Right Arm is much more versatile than an I Cue. I suspect that if you actually go ahead and get quotes from an Apollo dealer you will see that the I Cue doesn't make a whole lotta sense. I understand that the I Cues are better when you need it to take up less space, etc but in general I would go for the Right Arm any day. My school has a couple which we use with Apollo Smart Color Pros and Source 4 26s and this is a really good setup.

I've programmed on both LED's and I-Cues on a 24-48 Express, and it's definitely true an I-Cue is more difficult. I think it's worth it, though. I've certainly found more use for a semi-moving light in my designs than for a wide set of fairly saturated and unrealistic colors that wash. It depends on what kind of productions you do, but I definitely think the ability to cheaply and automatically change the location of a light mid show is more valuable and will be used more often than fairly rudimentary color changing capabilities. For a small space, scrollers probably aren't the best (can you say A FLOCK OF BIRDS). Seachangers would be better, but they are far more expensive.

Well its kinda settled.

I'm going to be getting the 4 iCues and 2 Scrollers.

I would like Right Arms, but space on my Catwalks is at a premium. ML's would be nice and all, but the long term cost effectiveness is not worth it. In my 5 year plan for the theatre, it includes purchasing a new console, and perhaps some ML's. It depends on the financial situation of our organization.

Really? It's got to be convienent to have 240V power available in the bathrooms... :mrgreen:

How many dimmers do your closets have?

"Hey, I can't tell if that is a broom or a mop in that corner... turn up Channel 4425. No, that's the other corner... Try Channel 4426."

Well its kinda settled.

I'm going to be getting the 4 iCues and 2 Scrollers.

I would like Right Arms, but space on my Catwalks is at a premium. ML's would be nice and all, but the long term cost effectiveness is not worth it. In my 5 year plan for the theatre, it includes purchasing a new console, and perhaps some ML's. It depends on the financial situation of our organization.

I think that is a great plan. You won't be disappointed. I have a similar setup in my space. I have the Icues permanently positioned above the DSC position and I can hit almost any location on my stage with them (as well as a little bit of my front audience section... for some distracting blinders if needed) :cool: Also, I have a similar 5 year plan for my theatre... make the most out of what you can afford! let us know what you think of them when you get them up and running!

iCues. Definitely. We have two iCues and two scrollers, and I love them. We can take care of most events without having to rehang anything. In our rep plot, they are on the 2nd FOH, and we can hit anywhere on stage with them.

We are pushing for 2 more iCues, 2 scrollers, and 4 DMX irises now. We basically wouldn't have to rehang anything for basic events. (effectively putting me out of a good amount of work actually. Maybe it's not such a good idea....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back