Etc to aurduino

zigster

So I want to get into building a haunted house walkthrough I have access to an etc elemant 2 lighting console and various led fixtures is there a way to program the lights on the console then converting the cues to code that I can put on a loop or trigger from an aurduino controller or raspberry pie I'm not to good at programming with aurduinos so this would help me with a streamlined way of programming the lights rather than writing manual code

You could record the SACn or DMX output and play it back. There are commercial devices that do this. The act of recording can be done by any device. If I were doing it I would probably use Wireshark to capture SACn then code something to extract the frames and save them with some trivial compression such as saving a count of repeating frames.

There is a record/playback option for capturing sACN, (or Art-Net, etc), or DMX (with appropriate interfaces) using a Raspberry Pi and OLA. I played with it a bit for a project last summer that was controlling a large pixel array, but ended up going a different route due to timing issues. If you're using just a couple universes, and can tolerate some minor timing discrepancies, then it's worth looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back