QLAB WITH USB HUB

Hello All,

I would like to run 3 MIDI Devices into my computer to run QLab Projections, Video, Audio, Lighting. All of the devices we have included MIDI In/Out ports. My computer only has 2 usb ports. If I had a Powered(Or Non Powered) USB hub, would it be possible for me to still me able to control all of the devices I need to?

+1 to the edit

I have a lot of experience with QLab and a bit of experience with MIDI, but I don't think either of those matter in light of this: In my experience, USB hubs tend to work well only with "dumb" items such as mice, keyboards, jump drives etc. They've failed me with audio devices, tablets, etc.

I would encourage you to think of another solution (such as the ones listed in the previous thread). Could you use MIDI through here?

Yeah thru, I forgot, some devices use a separate thru port, some merge thru and out some don't. You would have to look are your devices manual to see how it handles daisy chaining. It may or may not also be a problem for you depending on what you need to do. So best bet is to buy a multi-port usb to midi unit.

What are you trying to accomplish here? I don't understand why you would need so many MIDI devices. Are they controlling QLab, or is QLab outputting to them? Either way, just get a single MIDI interface with four ports. USB hubs are not reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back