roof!

Pie4Weebl

Fight Leukemia
So this is not quite the level normally covered here, but I fugured after walking up and down the block and finding nothing at any of the stores, I might see if CB has some ideas.

The only perk to the crappy apartment I live in is that it has roof access with a nice view of manhatten, needless to say, after a typical day I like to hang out there with a nice cold root beer. Now my room mate gave me a little mini speaker for the ipod that is alright, but it sounds like crap.

Here is what I am after. I want something a bit larger that doesn't sound like a tin can for listening to my ipod. I also don't want to blow through a thousand dollars a month on batteries, so I would like something rechargable. Any ideas on a rechargable boombox with an aux in?

Thanks!

I've actually used solar powered computer speakers before. I don't remember where I found them...

You know,
"When this old world starts getting me down
And people are just too much for me to face
I climb way up to the top of the stairs
And all my cares just drift right into space
On the roof, it's peaceful as can be
And there the world below can't bother me
Let me tell you now....

What kind of iPod is it?

Van,
So bring over some of your old Motown records
We’ll put the speakers in the window and we’ll go
On the roof and listen to the Miracles
Echo to the alley down below

Derek,
" Does anyone wanna go dance up in the Garden?
Does anyone wanna go dance up on the roof ?"

I believe one goes waltzing in the garden, and dance up on the roof.

Let's just get Pie a fiddle. With a surname like Zeiser, there's a good chance he's already Jewish. Tradition!

There's also this WaveCradle, and some members may be familiar with the inventor.

Last edited:
Why Don't you run some Edison up there man? Or tell the tenant on the top floor you need to plug in to his power for the roof renovation? That should buy you a few more nice summer months!!!!

Get the logitech thx speakers they're badass!

Get some Grado headphones. They'll sound a lot better that what you are considering (and better than many expensive hi-fi speakers for that matter), and you'll still be able to hear what's going on around you.

Or you could just switch from root beer to tequila. Then anything will sound good.

Tivoli Audio makes some extremely high quality mini speaker systems. If you don't want to go big, but want to keep a solid level of sound quality, the Tivoli Pal/iPal is amazing. Also, the FM tuner is so good in this little guy, it'll have you listening to what's in the airwaves much more often. The Henry Kloss designed tuner is the best, cleanest and most sensitive I have ever used. It has the heft and feel of quality and the controls operate smoothly and feel expensive. These are not toy products and are not priced like toys -they are serious little music systems.

Regards,
Mark

Edit: The Tivoli Pal (and I believe the Songbook as well) feature rechargable batteries & MP3 audio input.

Last edited:
I haven't used the X-Mini Max II, but the original X-Mini IIs just spent a week at the beach with me and they were perfect (and rugged enough to withstand getting lost in the sand once). I was asked about 50 times by people passing by where they could pick some up.

My only problem was that the unit would jump around a little when heavy bass kicked in and it was on a hard surface. Sit it on a magazine and your good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back