Loudspeakers 1/4" Jack Hardware

Noble

So I've got a JRX 115 whose 1/4" jack nut is missing. Does anybody know the part number or size?

How convenient! It looks like the JRX 115 comes with both.:)
I don't see why any 1/4" TS panel mount jack (for example, Switchcraft #11) wouldn't work.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize you only needed the nut. Buy the jack for <$2. If the nut doesn't fit (but I bet it will) change the entire jack.

Last edited:
Derek's right, they do come with both Speakon and TS (as does all the JRX range from memory) but they only have one of each which creates problems when you want to connect a second speaker in parallel, you need a Speakon - TS cable which most of us cringe at the sight of...

Back to the original question, the JRX series is made in China and uses stock Chinese jacks from memory, so if you head to Rat Shack or the like, any plastic 1/4" jack should have the nut relevant to your needs. This is of course if the socket ever had a nut, I've seen PCB mounted jacks without panel nuts ex factory on more than one occassion... Changing the socket will likely be harder than Derek makes out, because I'll put money on it being PCB mounted...

Given the choice of the two, I would use the Speakon connector over the traditional 1/4" phone plug anytime. The speakon connector provides a stronger, more reliable connection - especially when used in high-power situations. I have several JRX series speakers in my inventory, which are supplied from the factory with one each of the 1/4" and speakon connectors. I "retro-fitted" their speaker connector plates so that each speaker now has a a pair of Speakon connectors and a pair of 1/4" phone jacks. It's not too hard to do this since, if memory serves me correctly, the original connectors are mounted directly to the plate, and the small printed circuit board containing the crossover electronics is mounted to a set of standoff studs, such that the connectors are actually beneath the circuit board (between the circuit board and the plate). This allows me to daisy chain from one speaker to another by using either type of connector. - without having to use a cable with a speakon on one end and a 1/4" plug on the other, or, worse yet, a cable with 1/4" plugs on each end. My primary reason for keeping the 1/4" jacks at all is because I occasionally have to interface my equipment with that belonging to other people - who only use 1/4" plugs. Not really ideal, but necessary.
The selling point to the whole thing is reliability of the connection.

Last edited:
It's not too hard to do this since, if memory serves me correctly, the original connectors are mounted directly to the plate, and the small printed circuit board containing the crossover electronics is mounted to a set of standoff studs, such that the connectors are actually beneath the circuit board (between the circuit board and the plate).

Your memory is just fine! That is exactly how they are mounted.

The cabinet that this happened to me on was Horn loaded bass speaker that had two 15's in a small sealed compartment together. It could happen on almost any acoustic suspension speaker because they don't have any ports and should be sealed up. I don't think that the connector could be pressured out of a Bass reflex cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back