Control/Dimming 1 second fade time problem

Hello all,

I am currently working on a show for one of my school's theatre organizations. We are using an ETC Ion. I have found that whenever you make any changes to intensity of the conventional fixtures in live, that there is a one second wait time as the lights change. It may be simple to change, but i am looking for a way to make them change instantly. for example, i slide up the submaster with some lights on it, and the speed at which i do that is the speed at which the lights change. 0 second slide submaster up should equal 0 seconds till lights up (or as fast as possible, as i know that data is not a zero time thing, but it also isn't a 1 second thing)

Any help is appreciated - as soon as possible.

Hello all,

I am currently working on a show for one of my school's theatre organizations. We are using an ETC Ion. I have found that whenever you make any changes to intensity of the conventional fixtures in live, that there is a one second wait time as the lights change. It may be simple to change, but i am looking for a way to make them change instantly. for example, i slide up the submaster with some lights on it, and the speed at which i do that is the speed at which the lights change. 0 second slide submaster up should equal 0 seconds till lights up (or as fast as possible, as i know that data is not a zero time thing, but it also isn't a 1 second thing)

Any help is appreciated - as soon as possible.

Your manual intensity fade times are set to a non-zero value. Go to Settings > Desk Settings and click on the Manual Control tile. Set your manual times to 0 for Up, Down, Focus, Color, and Beam. These manual times affect anything that you enter manually via fader or keypad.

If you are running a show live (busking), you might want to set your manual time for Color to 3 or 4 seconds to get nice smooth color fades when selecting color palettes, but for cueing it is a pain to have everything fade as you try to set levels. And as you have discovered, manual time settings are saved in the desk and doesn't reset when you start a new show.

-Todd

I checked that manual control tile like you suggested. It says that all the times are at 0. is it possible that the time the data takes to get from the console to the dimmer to the light could be that long?

Hmm. Generally not unless there is something going on with the system. When you pull a fader down quickly, can you see the channel levels fade slowly on the screen or do they go to zero instantly? That will determine if the issue is in the console or in the system.

Also, how is the Ion connected to the dimmers? Via a network or DMX?

-Todd

I checked that manual control tile like you suggested. It says that all the times are at 0. is it possible that the time the data takes to get from the console to the dimmer to the light could be that long?
I think you're looking at the time it takes for the incandescent filament to come on. First set the previous cue with the fixtures at 10% or just lower than you can see glow. This is called preheating. Then the following cue at 0 up time should snap on. If this works you can use profiles to have the dimmer pre heat the ones you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back