Wireless 20 Wireless Units...+1?

sdauditorium

I've got a bit of a good problem, I guess. We are in our final week of rehearsals for our high school production of Footloose. Currently, we're running 20 Sennheiser Evolution systems in the A Band which is all good. We recently were awarded a grant to pick up another two wireless systems. However, I'm not quite sure how to coordinate which other range (B or G) I should shoot for.

If anyone has insight into this, that'd be great. We're looking to get these ordered in the next day or two at the latest.

When last I bought outside of A, I was told to go to the G band for my area. Get your local dealer to talk to their rep and get Sennheiser's opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually just gave a call to Sennheiser and they recommended the same thing (going with the G band). The tech alluded to the fact about the B range likely going away in the near/intermediate future.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually just gave a call to Sennheiser and they recommended the same thing (going with the G band). The tech alluded to the fact about the B range likely going away in the near/intermediate future.

Correct, the FCC is selling off frequencies between 600-700 MHz for use by Telecom computers (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) instead of wireless mic use. The way the auction is being done, no one knows exactly what frequencies will be sold or not sold within the range and won't until mid-2016. It's safer to buy any mic's below this range. This is part of why you're seeing more wireless mics being released in the 2.4 GHz and 900 MHz VHF bands lately.

This may also be helpful to identify what frequencies are free in your area:
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-frequency-finder
http://www.shure.com/americas/support/tools/wireless-frequency-finder

We're all set. We are actually adding two more units, and with the nearest TV station 23 miles away, we've got quite a few good frequencies available in the G band that will play nicely with our existing systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back