A lighting conundrum

Yet another update. On a brand new lamp, maybe 10 hours into it's life I have once again experienced the same dousing problem mid show. So, as has been suggested I have moved the fixture to a circuits that is not part of the dimming system. As I can't very much open up the raceways to check the way they are wired without flying them in (blocked by scenery), this seemed like the only next logical step. I have also set the fan speed on the fixture to high (from normal) just to combat any possible heat issues). If the problem persists I will be visiting my local dealer/repair shop on Monday after the show closes. Though if there are any other ideas, please let me know.

I'm coming to this thread really late, so sorry for the bump.

Have you looked at the thermostat in the fixture? There should be one near the lamp that opens up at a certain temperature to cut power to the lamp. It looks like a round button with 2 connectors on it. Check and make sure that the connections on it aren't crispy or loose. I had a similar fixture that had this as the culprit. I swapped out 8 different parts before I found it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back