Fixtures stop reacting to single channels

Ezteras

Dear Community,

i have an urgent question:
I have 4 stairville octagon Theater MKII 3W in my rig. They are about 1 and a 1/2 year old. Suddenly they all stopped listening to the warm white channel. The other channels work perfectly, as all the other fixtures in my cable circuit. Programming error can't be the case because the error occurs in multiple shows and even in a complete new and empty show (on dot2). Nobody touched the lamps and nobody changed the cables. Has anyone an idea what the problem could be? How is it possible that 4 lamps loose one channel without anyone changing anything?!

kind regards
Ben

Is the missing channel the first or last parameter? Are all the other colors responding correctly?

While I'm not familiar with the fixtures, I've seen this symptom. If the addressing gets bumped by one you can lose something. Overlapping address ranges can also do wierd things. I'd double check the patch and even any 'universe offset' on the board output.

I've never seen a wiring problem affect single addresses!

I climbed up to the rig a few seconds ago and checked the addresses. Even with changing them the error appears. The "missing" channel is in the middle, channel 4 of 5.
Interestingly you can see the warm white lamps turn on a little (by far not enough to enlighten something).
But not all Lamps on all 4 Fixtures turn on... Looks like an intern power problem to me.. but I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back