Microphones Actor Allergies and Microphones

soundmsam

I have a actor who seems to be breaking out on their back where the mic cord rests. We are using Countryman e6 head mics. Does anybody have any tips on how to keep the actor from breaking out. Do to costuming we can't have them where an undershirt.

Any ideas would be great.

Sam

I assume that the mic cable has been cleaned with alcohol rather well. Ask the actor if he/she has a latex allergy. It would not surprise me if there was latex in the cable itself. You could call countryman and ask. Besides that, you could seal the mic cable in some other sort of tape... preferably a cloth tape. Never heard of this issue, but with allergies like they are today anything is possible. We just went peanut free around here due to allergies.

I assume that the mic cable has been cleaned with alcohol rather well. Ask the actor if he/she has a latex allergy. It would not surprise me if there was latex in the cable itself. You could call countryman and ask. Besides that, you could seal the mic cable in some other sort of tape... preferably a cloth tape. Never heard of this issue, but with allergies like they are today anything is possible. We just went peanut free around here due to allergies.

Yeah we have cleaned it very well there was so much crap on it that it took way to long to clean it. Our actor does not have a latex allergy. We had her take benadryl and claritin and hopefully that will help.

It may be irritation from the mic itself, and not necessarily an allergic reaction. If the mic is rubbing against the head, this is common - I wrap some moleskin around the cable, and this usually frees up any irritation. It is latex free as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back