Advanced Menu Password

Just a little inquiry .. Am i going to be stupid if i think about re-position the Hal sensor or Magnet ? cos i don't have the patience to tray thousands of combination ..

Just a little inquiry .. Am i going to be stupid if i think about re-position the Hal sensor or Magnet ? cos i don't have the patience to tray thousands of combination ..
It'll mean the zero position is changed, but if it isn't done with near exact precision it can issues such as not finding the magnetic, or the fixture isn't actually centered. It is possible, however I do not recommend it.

Well, actually, the response I expected was "but if someone has the passwords, they can change the passwords, and then *you're* locked out -- but these lights may not work that way.

Have you cracked it open to see if you can find anything written inside?

Offcorse sir ,,i already repair the motor driving board and the processor board ... and the last step is to align it

Call the people you got the parts from. They should know the password.

Supposing you had no luck with the guys...

readjusting the colour wheel may be an easy task if you did that in the past, it'll probably have a simple hall sensor and grub screws keeping the wheel in place. The pan side may be a bit more problematic, as it will most probably has an encoder rather than a hall probe.

Btw,maybe with a genuine unit you would have had first class suppport and spare parts if needed =p

Supposing you had no luck with the guys...

readjusting the colour wheel may be an easy task if you did that in the past, it'll probably have a simple hall sensor and grub screws keeping the wheel in place. The pan side may be a bit more problematic, as it will most probably has an encoder rather than a hall probe.

Btw,maybe with a genuine unit you would have had first class support and spare parts if needed =p
You are dam right ,,, i am facing a problem now with re-positioning the tilt encoder indexing sensor ,,,As for the BTW hint ,,its none of my business as i am not the owner ,,i am the repair guy .....hhhhhaaaaa

Finally mission accomplished by repositioning all the Magnets and aligning all the Hal Sensors ....
@macdiv That'd likely be "Hall" sensors rather than "Hal". I believe "Hal" was the computer in the film 2001. Stratford, Ontario shakespearean actor Douglas Rain was the voice of "Hal" in both the original movie and the sequel. The acronym "Hal" was chosen to be one letter ahead of IBM in each case. There's one amusing fact for you @GreyWyvern
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

@macdiv That'd likely be "Hall" sensors rather than "Hal". I believe "Hal" was the computer in the film 2001. Stratford, Ontario shakespearean actor Douglas Rain was the voice of "Hal" in both the original movie and the sequel. The acronym "Hal" was chosen to be one letter ahead of IBM in each case. There's one amusing fact for you @GreyWyvern
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
As a fan of the movies, I knew that fact!

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

HaL version 1 and when Skynet started its take over.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Such a nice voice!
@GreyWyvern @TimMc Mr. Rain's wife Martha Henry thought so too.
Here's an odd one for you. When I was working as Head Of Sound in Stratford's main stage in the seventies, their "Festival Theatre", they were operating 3 venues in different parts of the city. They operate with one "acting company" cross-cast in the three repertory venues (They're up to 4 venues now) with actors often shuffling between venues between matinee and evening performances. A director of one production wanted Mr. Rain's voice for about five minutes during one scene of one production but realized his production would conflict with Mr. Rain's roles in other productions. The solution they worked out was a lesser cast member appearing in armored battle gear with his face obscured from view by an armored helmet and a speaker concealed within his armored breast plate. Mr. Rain's voice was prerecorded as a number of individually played cues called by the production's SM and broadcast wirelessly to a battery powered receiver and amp all totally concealed within the costume and carefully plugged together by dresser Cvetka Fuj every time she dressed the minor minion for his role in the battle scene. I remember a rechargeable gel cell was housed in the rear of the costume and I know we had an oval / rectangular speaker behind armor "ventilation" slots in the breast plate but I honestly can't recall where we had secreted the Vega receiver and automotive power amp. I definitely recall the Vega transmitter being situated on a high shelf partway down the stage left vomitory. It always felt bizarre individually cueing Mr. Rain's lines out of another actor's costume for the brief battle scene.
Toodleoo!
Ron

Sorry for the delay in replying you!

What about the tilt zero position? If it's an accurate copy it may tale the zero position from the magnet and rely on the encoder only to count the lost steps, did it have one?

I'm curious now :)

Going back to my "btw",l I couldn't retain myself sorry!

I tried to take a stab at this earlier but didn't have any luck. Today I found this. I don't know if it helps at all. It might be some kind of factory password. Or it might be a typo and the left field is pw1 and the right one is pw2
http://www.tm87.com/documentos/pdf0064_Impact Pointe 280w Manual.pdf

Another thing you might try is these magic number. They appear in three different manufacturers manuals as codes for accessing service menus.

050 calibration
038 timer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back