Advice on my personal resume and cover letter

This well-rounded education will help me be able to handle the different task I’m assigned, and to help solve problems while understanding other people’s point of view.
First off it should be "tasks" but more that it's an awkward run on. I suggest you split it into two sentences.

He also gave me honors credit, which he has never bestowed on anyone else during his long tenure at Ohio Wesleyan.
Another awkward sentence. I would cut it down to something simpler like "which he had never before". If you want to highlight that this person has been
there a long time do it in the opening sentence to this paragraph where you say that you got to work with him.

I also helped the director, K***, add a practical on stage right before opening night.
I'm thinking something more like, "I even helped director K****, by adding a practical to the set of "Show Title" on opening night."

I would be a strength working on the different children’s productions.
Bad grammar. Try something along the lines "Other interests in my life make me uniquely qualified to work on children's productions."

You need a closing statement. Write one sentence that summarizes all your skills. A middle sentence that says why you want to work with them. Close with a very polite, "Thank you for considering my application" sort of sentence.

Last edited:
This was a result of me being able to design the light plot through VectorWorks over Winter break

Personally I'd change design to draft.

also had to laugh a bit at how I'm always reminded how small our world is. I know columbus pretty well and did a couple of workshops with ymca students in the lincoln this past summer, not to mention its always good to see a fellow theta member.

aside from that, some dates on your resume would be nice just so there's a clear timeline, and when you get to the main body of it everything is real similiar so at times its hard to find what I'm looking at. Some lines to split sections up might help, just to help break it up a bit. I attached my resume just as a comparison (not that mine is perfect by any means) hope it helps some.

Attachments

• Joshua Smith Technical Resume.pdf
    514.1 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back